The side Hinge lid is more ergonomic than top hinge lid as the leverage required to open the lid is far less.
There are a number of other benefits also:-
· The lids act as a chute when the bin is tipped meaning that there is less waste blown around especially if there is a lot of dust and light weight material in the waste.
· As the internal lid props required to hold top hinge lids open are now not required, there is less chance of waste getting caught on the bins internal furniture during tipping.
· Less damage to the lids occurs during tipping.
· Less susceptible to damage through windy conditions
· Same price as top hinged lids
· Safer to replace in the field as all work can be carried out from ground level.
As with top hinge lids a full selection of colours are available.